T.H.Collective is a renowned company that has a fabulous reputation for delivering first-class event management solutions across a broad portfolio of events, both in the UK and internationally. Working with some of the world’s biggest brands across multiple industries, the company produces everything from exhibitions and live outdoor events to corporate conferences and awards ceremonies.
As the events world continues to reopen post-pandemic, an opportunity has arisen for a workshop manager to join our Bristol-based team.
The main responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and ensuring the quality of build and construction of all scenery, staging and exhibition stands to specifications as instructed by event Production Managers.
- Liaising with in-house CAD Design Engineers to see their drawings through to production and advising on manufacturing processes.
- To identify key processes and work on improving workshop flow.
- Ensure that the workshop facilities and equipment are correctly maintained and monitored, and supplies of workshop materials are sufficiently stocked.
- Ensure efficient use of materials, equipment, and labour resources.
- Overseeing CNC processes and technicians, and manufacturing processes.
- Monitoring workload, and booking freelance staff when required.
- Providing solutions to ensure targets are met and any risks are mitigated.
- People management including development and coaching of the workshop team.
- Overseeing that the warehouse, yard and loading bays are kept clean, tidy & safe, in accordance with Health & Safety guidelines. You will need to take accountability for all workshop-based Health & Safety.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in a carpentry workshop, as well as people management skills. Knowledge of live events would be advantageous however we will also consider applicants from manufacturing and shop fitout backgrounds. Personality is key: we are looking for someone with excellent communications skills, a strong work ethic and a sense of humour, who will fit in with our small team.
Auto-enrolment pension scheme.
20 days’ holiday, increasing with length of services.
Usually closed over Christmas.
Smart-casual dress code.
Monday – Friday: 9am – 5:30pm, although there will sometimes be a requirement to work outside of these hours as the work dictates.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com