Live Events Design Manager
We are looking for a highly technical and motivated individual with professional conference exhibition & event design experience. The ideal candidate will be a team player, with knowledge of AutoCAD or Vector Works and the ability to work simultaneously across multiple projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become an integral part of our close-knit team, in a reputable company within the live events industry.
- Liaise with Production Managers, clients & technicians to detail a brief and determine the key criteria for the design/build of exhibition stands and scenery.
- Make recommendations on materials and finish, taking into account cost, time, feasibility and any possible design implications.
- Creating detailed and accurate build instructions and elevations for bespoke exhibition stands & conference scenery.
- Working to produce comprehensive technical drawings for clients, Production Managers and Scenic Carpenters.
- Drafting for CNC: to produce drawings suitable for 3-axis CNC routing, with an understanding of the constraints of this type of manufacture.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of drawings to comply with project requirements.
- Oversee, and provide support & training to, a Junior CAD Technician.
- Ability to read engineers’ structural drawings and / or notes.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Carrying out ad hoc tasks as instructed.
- Constantly develop relevant software skills.
Skills and Experience
- 3D CAD and technical drawing skills using AutoCAD / Vector Works / Inventor or similar.
- Exhibition / Trade Show specific design experience.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels: colleagues, clients and suppliers.
- Good time management and ability to work to tight deadlines.
20 days’ holiday + Christmas shutdown & bank holidays.
Monday -Friday, 09:00 – 17:30
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com