CAD Design Engineer
We are looking for a highly technical and motivated individual with professional conference & event design experience to join our team in Bristol.
The main responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Creating detailed and accurate build instructions and elevations for bespoke exhibition stands & conference scenery.
- Taking briefs from Production Managers and clients to determine key criteria for design & build, making recommendations on materials & finish, whilst considering cost, time feasibility and any possible design complications.
- Working closely with scenic carpenters to see drawings through to production.
- Produce drawings suitable for 3-axis CNC routing, with an understanding of the constraints of this type of manufacture.
- Ordering materials as required, whilst accounting for delivery lead times, construction time & event delivery deadlines.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will be a team player, with the ability to work simultaneously across multiple projects.
Good knowledge of AutoCAD / Vector Works / Inventor is essential, as well as good time management and the ability to work to deadlines. Our large set workshop is home to a CNC machine and laser cutter; experience of using machinery would be an advantage, although training can be provided if this is of interest.
Personality is key: we are looking for someone with excellent communications skills, a strong work ethic and a sense of humour, who will fit well in with our small team.
20 days’ holiday (increasing with length of services) + Christmas shutdown & bank holidays.
Monday -Friday: 9am – 5:30pm.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com